3D Gallery Budapest
As the centrally located 3D Gallery Budapest is close to other city attractions, such as the Hungarian State Opera House, it’s easy to stop by for a couple of hours during a day of sightseeing. To save time at the entrance, purchase a skip-the-line ticket in advance. Group and family packages are also available, and often include a photographer.
Recent reviews from experiences in Budapest
Things to Know Before You Go
Don’t forget your camera or smartphone, since taking pictures is half the fun.
If you’re in Budapest for a special occasion, the gallery is an entertaining place to host an event such as a birthday or bachelorette party.
How to Get There
The best way to get to the 3D Gallery Budapest is by metro. Hop on the M1 line to the Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út stop, or the M3 line to Arany János utca. The gallery is steps away from either station. You can also take a taxi from central Budapest. If you’re on a hop-on hop-off bus tour, get off at the Opera House, which is around the corner from the 3D Gallery.
When to Get There
The gallery is open Sunday through Thursday from 10am to 8pm, and Friday and Saturday from 10am to 9pm. To avoid crowds, go on Monday or Tuesday, since weekends tend to be busy.
Visiting St. Stephen’s Basilica (Szent István Bazilika)
Just two blocks from the 3D Gallery stands one of Budapest’s most popular sights, St. Stephen’s Basilica. The neoclassical cathedral in the heart of the city is known for its architectural detailing, interior frescoes—and the preserved hand of St. Stephen, Hungary’s first king. Admission is free, though you need to pay a small fee to explore the tower or treasury.
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Timisoara
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Belgrade
- Things to do in Cluj-Napoca
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- St. Stephen’s Basilica (Szent István Bazilika)
- Andrássy Avenue (Andrássy Út)
- Gozsdu Courtyard (Gozsdu Udvar)
- Hungarian State Opera House (Magyar Állami Operaház)
- Danube Palace (Duna Palota)
- Rumbach Street Synagogue (Rumbach Zsinagóga)
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center
- Budapest Liberty Square (Szabadság Tér)
- Danube Promenade
- House of Hungarian Art Nouveau (Magyar Szecesszió Háza)
- Széchenyi Square (Széchenyi István Tér)
- Váci Street (Váci Utca)
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Vörösmarty Square (Vörösmarty Tér)