La Triennale Museum (La Triennale di Milano)
One of the Palazzo dell’Arte’s best-known exhibitions, La Triennale Museum is a fascinating collection of everyday objects made to resemble art, and vice versa. Also in the same building is the Design Library (with thousands of books, magazines, and photographs available for reference) and the Teatro dell'Arte (a performance space for music, theater, and dance).
The MilanoCard and Milan Pass include free or discounted admission to the museum, along with other city highlights such as La Scala and the Duomo terraces. Many hop-on hop-off city bus tours stop at La Triennale Museum.
Things to Know Before You Go
La Triennale Museum is a must-see for design and architecture fans.
A café, a pizzeria, and a restaurant with a Michelin-starred chef are located on-site.
The entire museum is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
There is free Wi-Fi on-site.
How to Get There
La Triennale is located in the middle of Parco Sempione, the largest park in central Milan, between Sforzesco Castle (Castello Sforzesco) and the Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace). To get there by public transit, take the red or green metro line to Cadorna or city bus 61 to the Triennale stop.
When to Get There
The Triennale Museum is one of Milan’s more popular museums, so try to visit first thing in the morning or in the evening (it stays open until 8:30pm). If you happen to be in town during the Triennale event, which occurs every three years, a visit is highly recommended. The next Triennale is in 2019 and runs from March to September.
Design is Everywhere
From the building’s architecture and the exhibitions on display to the chairs at the café, everything at La Triennale revolves around design. Upon entry, one of the first things visitors see is a suspended bridge with overhead lighting. The on-site Agora Theatre, designed completely in wood from the cedars of Lebanon, hosts design-related events and performances.
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Branca Tower (Torre Branca)
- Sempione Park (Parco Sempione)
- Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace)
- Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco)
- Bramante Sacristy (Sacrestia del Bramante)
- Da Vinci's Last Supper (Il Cenacolo)
- Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie)
- Leonardo’s Vineyard (Vigna di Leonardo)
- Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore (Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore)
- Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio (Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio)
- Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology
- Brera Art Gallery (Pinacoteca di Brera)
- La Scala Opera House (Teatro alla Scala)
- Codex Atlanticus
- Skip the Line for the Last Supper
- All Milan Skip the Line Tours
- Shopping in Milan
- Milan in 3 Days
- Lake Day Trips from Milan
- Romantic Things To Do in Milan
- Venice Day Trips from Milan
- Top Nightlife Experiences in Milan
- Milan Neighborhood Guide
- Top Parks and Gardens in Milan
- Swiss Alps Tours from Milan
- Milan for Art Lovers