How to Spend a Rainy Day in Naples
Though Naples is most famous for blue skies and sunshine, downpours do sometimes occur in the southern Italian city. A storm doesn’t mean you need to scuttle your plans, though: There are still plenty of things to keep you occupied. Here are our top picks for how to ride out the rain in Naples.
- Don’t wait in line in the rain: Discover the opulent chambers of the**Royal Palace of Naples (Palazzo Reale)**with a skip-the-line admission ticket.
- Master the art of making traditional Napoli pizza and other local dishes during acooking class.
- Go wine tasting on the slopes ofMt. Vesuviuson an all-weather day trip from Naples.
- Stay dry on the bottom deck of ahop-on-hop-off-sightseeing bus, which covers all of Naples’ top attractions.
- Go underground to theCatacombs of Saint Gennaro (Catacombe di San Gennaro), used as a Christian burial site until the 10th century.
- Travel back in time during a tour ofNaples National Archaeological Museum, home to sculptures that date back to ancient Rome.