Things to Do in Naples This Fall
Naples breathes a sigh of relief in September when the scorching summer temperatures ease, the summer crowds leave, and the weather is still mild enough to skip across the bay to Sorrento, Capri, and Ischia. If you are visiting Naples in fall, here’s how to enjoy the best the city has to offer.
- Enjoy the cooler temperatures and diminished crowds atMount Vesuvius and Pompeii.
- Take advantage of the warm sea temperatures for a boat tour ofCapri and the Blue Grotto.
- Stroll the picturesque streets ofSorrento and the Amalfi Coastwithout the hassle of the high season crowds.
- Explore Naples’ proud culinary traditions with afood tour.
- Bask in the mild autumn sun on an open-top bus during ahop-on-hop-off tour.
- Duck out of a fall rainstorm and travel 3,000 years back in time at theNaples Archaeological Museum.
- Add a touch of Naples’ flavor to your winter holiday meals by taking acooking classand learning how to prepare classic local dishes.
- Take in the city highlights on aSegway tour through the historic center.
- Visit vineyards in the countryside surrounding Naples during the fall grape harvest and enjoy awine tasting.
- Fill the long hours of sunlight with a deep dive into history at theancient Roman ruins in Herculaneum.