Things to Do in Naples This Winter
Though temperatures drop in Naples in the winter months, the climate of this southern Italian city is still usually mild enough to enjoy the outdoors. You will, however, get wet and windy days, so make sure you have a contingency plan in case it rains. Here are a few outdoor and indoor suggestions for exploring Naples in winter.
- Have the ancient Roman ruins virtually to yourself during a tour ofPompeii.
- See the city in comfort (even on a rare blustery day) by opting for ahop-on-hop-off bus tour.
- If clouds begin to gather, head underneath the city streets to discoverNaples Underground.
- Enjoytouring the ruins of Herculaneumin the quiet low season.
- Fill a winter day with ancient art and architecture at theNaples Archaeological Museum.
- Take a quiet drive along theAmalfi Coast, its towns picturesquely shuttered for the winter, and stop for a stroll inSorrento, which is lively all year round.
- Warm the heart with ahome cooking classand a traditional Neapolitan meal.
- Experience the lavish lifestyle of Italy’s aristocracy with a tour of theCaserta Royal Palace.
- Shop for holiday gifts at theLa Reggia Designer Outlet.
- Peruse the masterpieces in theCapodimonte Museum, one of Italy’s most important repositories of paintings and sculpture.