Campo San Bartolomeo
Pass through the square alongside thousands of visitors and locals on their way to other parts of the city or to one of the square's busy stores and cafes. Walking tours of Venice regularly start or pass through the area, including specialized tours that focus on ghosts, food, and Venice secrets, or that appeal to families with children.
Things to Know Before You Go
Campo San Bartolomeo is wheelchair accessible.
The church of San Bartolomeo on the square used to be the place of worship for German traders living in Venice.
The square leads on to Mercerie, the main shopping district in Venice.
How to Get There
The Square is on the east bank of the Grand Canal, just moments away from the eastern steps of the Rialto Bridge. It’s best accessed on foot from other parts of the city, or by Vaporetto to the Rialto stop, followed by a short walk.
When to Get There
Campo San Bartolomeo is open 24 hours a day year-round. The square gets busy with tourists midday, especially in summer, so arrive early for a quieter experience.
Walk Over the Ponte dell'Accademia
At the southern end of the Grand Canal, the Ponte dell'Accademia is one of few wooden bridges in Venice, and it links the San Marco neighborhood with Dorsoduro. The original metal bridge was demolished and replaced by the current wooden structure. Cross to the middle of the bridge for great views over the Grand Canal and to see the many gondola boats and water taxis speeding along.
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Treviso
- Things to do in Padua
- Things to do in Vicenza
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Piran
- Things to do in Porec
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Rialto Bridge (Ponte di Rialto)
- Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli (Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Miracoli)
- Campo San Luca
- Hard Rock Cafe Venice
- Rialto Fish Market (Mercato di Rialto)
- St. Mark's Clock Tower (Torre dell'Orologio)
- San Gallo Theater (Teatro San Gallo)
- Campo Santa Maria Formosa
- Bovolo Staircase (Scala Contarini del Bovolo)
- Church of Santa Maria Formosa (Chiesa di Santa Maria Formosa)
- San Marco Chamber Orchestra (Virtuosi di Venezia)
- Querini Stampalia Foundation (Fondazione Querini Stampalia)
- St. Mark's Square (Piazza San Marco)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Ca' d'Oro (Palazzo Santa Sofia)