Museum of Broken Relationships (Muzej Prekinutih Veza)
Visitors who want to avoid wasting any time waiting in the ticket line can prebook an admission ticket to the Museum of Broken Relationships (Muzej Prekinutih Veza) and turn up at a time of their choosing. It’s also possible to combine a guided walking tour of Zagreb with admission to the museum. With explanatory text accompanying each object on display, the museum is designed to be explored independently.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Museum of Broken Relationships is a must for sightseers who need a break from the traditional tourist trail.
Find a café and a shop selling souvenirs, including clothing and stationary, at the museum.
The Museum of Broken Relationships is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Museum of Broken Relationships is situated in Zagreb’s Upper Town (Gornji Grad). To get here, ride the funicular from the Lower Town (Donji Grad) or the tram (lines 1, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 17 by day and 31, 32, or 34 by night) to Ban Jelačić Square. The museum is just a short stroll from there.
When to Get There
The museum is very popular—so popular it has since spawned a sister outpost in Los Angeles—and can get busy. To avoid the crowds, try visiting in early morning or in the evening. The museum is busiest on weekends, between 12pm and 3pm.
Things to Do Nearby
The Museum of Broken Relationships enjoys a prime setting in Zagreb’s Upper Town, just steps from some of the city’s top attractions. If you have some time to kill before or after your visit, do some people-watching on Ban Jelačić Square. The near-constant arrival and departure of trams means there is a never-ending flow of people to observe. You can also browse the fruit-and-vegetable-loaded stalls of Dolac Market, ride the short-but-steep funicular that connects the Upper and Lower towns, and view the 13th-century Lotrščak Tower, where a cannon is fired at 12pm every day.
- Things to do in Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Bled
- Things to do in Trieste
- Things to do in Koper
- Things to do in Piran
- Things to do in Split
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Central Croatia
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Things to do in Istria
- Croatian Museum of Naive Art (Hrvatski Muzej Naivne Umjetnosti)
- Strossmayer Promenade (Strossmayerovo Setaliste)
- Upper Town (Gornji Grad)
- Lotrscak Tower
- Stone Gate (Kamenita Vrata)
- St. Mark's Church (Crkva Svetog Marka)
- Dolac Market
- Zagreb 360 Observation Deck (Zagreb Eye)
- Ban Jelacic Square (Trg Bana Jelacica)
- Lower Town (Donji Grad)
- Zagreb Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Museum of Illusions
- Zrinjevac Park (Nikola Subic Zrinski Square)
- Croatian National Theatre (HNK Zagreb)
- Mimara Museum (Muzej Mimara)