3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover Assisi’s rich history on a private, 3-hour walking tour. Stroll through the charming squares and narrow streets of old town, and learn about the city’s multilayered past as you view ancient Roman ruins and medieval buildings. Pay homage to Assisi’s famous patron saint at the Basilica of St Francis, which boasts one of Italy’s finest collections of church art. Stop as often as you like and enjoy the personalized attention of a private guide.
- Private, 3-hour walking tour of Assisi
- Learn the long history behind Italy's most famous pilgrimage site
- Pay tribute to the town's famous patron saint at the Basilica of St Francis
- Admire the church's fantastic art collection including paintings by Giotto and Lorenzetti
- Enjoy the personalized attention of a private guide
- Flexibility to customize the itinerary to your preferences
Saved to wishlist!
Headsets for visiting the Basilica of Saint Francis (2,50 euro per person)
Departure & Return
Piazza Santa Chiara, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
In front of Basilica of St. Clare near the fountain
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please notice: on Sundays, big Catholic holidays and National holidays, guided tours inside the Basilica of St. Francis ar forbidden. You guide will explain to you the church from outside, and you will enter alone on silence.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Umbria con Me
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Assisi Private Walking Tour including St. Francis Basilica?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Assisi Private Walking Tour including St. Francis Basilica?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Assisi Private Walking Tour including St. Francis Basilica?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Assisi Private Walking Tour including St. Francis Basilica
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAssisiWalking Tours - UmbriaHistorical Tours - UmbriaHalf-day Tours - UmbriaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - SienaHistorical Tours - SienaHalf-day Tours - SienaCategory