- 2-hour stand-up paddleboard lesson in Kona
- Learn how to paddle correctly and what to look for in the water
- Receive personalized attention tailored to your skill level from a knowledgeable instructor
- Enjoy being out on the water, soaking up the Big Island sunshine!
- Small-group lesson with a max of four students
Departure & Return
We are located directly across the street from Kahaluu Bay, the best beginner surfing spot in Kona!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
You’ll next head across to Kahalu’u Bay, and listen as your instructor explains how to properly paddle and maneuver your board. With its gentle waves and protected cove, this beach is one of the best spots on the Big Island for beginner surfers and paddlers, and by the end of the 2-hour paddleboarding lesson, you’ll be hooked on the feeling of casually floating and a paddling above the reef.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- All participants must know how to swim
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kahalu'u Bay Surf and Sea
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands