Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 4-hour food walking and tram tour of Budapest’s inner Buda neighborhood
- Uncover inner Buda’s local cuisine and Ottoman, WWII, and Communist history
- Sample delicacies at a market selling fresh produce, cheeses, jams, and meats
- Enjoy a shared Hungarian lunch and wine at a traditional restaurant
- Dessert and sweet treat, coffee at a Soviet-era café, and ‘palinka’ shot included
- Upgrade to a small-group tour or a private tour
- Food and drinks tastings amounting to breakfast and lunch, plus tram fares included
Departure & Return
Meet outside of the metro station at the stone clock. The easiest way to reach Széll Kálmán tér is to use metro line M2 (red line).Your guide will be carrying a tote bag with the Taste Hungary logo on it.
What To Expect
Then, set out on your tour of the inner Buda district, a quiet residential neighborhood often overlooked by visitors, and replete with locally loved culinary spots.
Learn about the area’s architecture and multi-layered history, from its Roman roots to the Ottoman, WWII, and Communist eras, and hear how it's favored by locals for having some of Budapest’s best thermal baths.
Explore by foot and public tram, and enjoy about four to six stops at markets, restaurants, and shops to taste local specialities. Trawl a market where farmers and artisans sell fresh produce, jams, juices, cheeses, and high quality meats from prized Hungarian species. Stop for food tastings, and enjoy a shot of Hungary's beloved palinka brandy.
Visit a tucked-away restaurant for a shared meal of traditional Hungarian dishes with wine, and then head for an old-time, family-run bakery to enjoy a home-style dessert and sweet treat.
Finally, enjoy a coffee at a Soviet-era café hardly changed in decades, listening to tales of Communist rule as you sip.
Your tour then concludes in central Buda.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 4-hour tour
- This is a small-group tour (minimum of 2 guests and maximum of 8 guests)
- For larger groups please choose "Group Tour (min. 8 pers.)" option when booking
- If you would prefer a private tour (which can be customized), please choose the "Private Tour" option when booking.
- Though there will be plenty of eating breaks, be prepared to cover a lot of ground on your feet during this tour. We’ll also use the tram (as the locals do), which is included in the price.
- Dietary Requirements: We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taste Hungary
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff