- Explore Budapest’s Jewish quarter — home to the city’s buzzing ruin bars — with a guide
- Visit as many as five different venues and experience a unique night on the town
- Learn of the artistic and cultural roles the bars are playing in gentrifying Budapest
- Upgrade to a private tour to include pickup at your Budapest hotel
Departure & Return
Meet by the statue of Sisi. Your guide will be holding a Taste Hungary tote bag.
What To Expect
During your walking tour, visit up to five local bars where vintage bathtubs and abandoned cars provide the setting for an unforgettable night on the town. Visit old cellars and once-derelict warehouses, and enjoy drinks and snacks in up to five of them.
As you explore with your guide, learn of the role the ruin bars play in gentrifying otherwise forgotten corners of Budapest. Gain insight into their artistic, cultural, and gastronomic influence, and learn how the bars became so popular.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Three-hour tour, generally from 6pm-9pm (unless otherwise requested)
- This is a small group tour (which means minimum of two guests and maximum of eight guests)
- For larger groups please choose the "Group Tour (min. 8 pers.)" option when booking
- If you would rather have a private tour (which can be customized), please choose the "Private Tour" option when booking
- We will be getting from bar to bar on foot, so be prepared for some walking, even though most of the tour will be spent at the bars
- Drinking age is 18 in Hungary
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taste Hungary
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff