1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Sip wine during a visit to a medieval Tuscan castle in the Chianti Classico region. The express wine-tasting tour includes a visit to the castle’s vineyard and a centuries-old cellar where the esteemed Chianti Classico wine is aged. You’ll learn about viticulture and fermentation as you savor sips of four types of wine, along with extra virgin olive oil and a rich balsamic vinegar.
- Park for free in the castle grounds while the tasting and tour takes place
- Learn about the historic castle winery in the heart of Chianti Classico territory
- Try the estate’s Tuscan wine as you learn about the grapes and classifications
- Chat with your guide to understand the characteristics of olive oil and vinegar
Saved to wishlist!
Free parking in the propriety
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Location Name: We will be starting at the wine store. Location Address: From Florence downtown (Rail Station): - Follow signs to Siena- After you exit Florence you will drive through Due Strade, Galluzzo, Bottai and arrive in Firenze Impruneta at a big roundabout next to the highway entrance - Take the second exit to Impruneta and Greve in Chianti- Follow the signs to Greve until Falciani- Turn left into the village of Falciani and follow the direction to Greve- After about 3 km you’ll pass the village Ferrone keep on going strait direction Greve- After another 3 km ca. you’ll see a quiet big building on your left where they sell land machines and in front of you you’ll see the winery Castell Grevepesa- Turn right direction San Casciano- After about 600 m you’ll find the entrance of Castello di Gabbiano on your left - You’ll have to drive up all the way to the castle – our office is right next to the castle our GPS coordinates 43.62826300000 | 11.26034300000
Departure PointWe will be starting at the wine store.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Pets not allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Castello di Gabbiano
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Winery Tour in a Castle in Tuscany
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWine TastingsFood, Wine & NightlifeChiantiFood Tours - TuscanyWine Tastings - TuscanyFood Tours - FlorenceWine Tastings - FlorenceFood Tours - San GimignanoWine Tastings - San GimignanoCategory