- Historical walking tour of Dubrovnik's ancient city walls
- See Fort Revelin and Minceta Tower with your local guide
- Wander around Dubrovnik's ancient walls (ticket not included)
- Learn interesting facts about the city’s defensive and political challenges from your knowledgeable local guide
- Visit Fort Lovrijenac independently, the only fort physically separated from the City Walls
Departure & Return
MEETING POINT is right by PILE bus stop/taxi drop-off point and right behind Dubrovnik Tourist Board office. Address is BRSALJE 8. Dubrovnik Walks representatives & orange umbrella are all there!
Concludes near the old town port
What To Expect
As you stroll, get an insider’s view of the history of Dubrovnik, from the 11th century when a sea channel, in what is now Stari Grad, was filled in. Learn also about the landmarks Fort Revelin and Minceta Tower. In the distance, you’ll see Fort Lovrijenac, the only fort that belongs to the city walls but is physically separated from them.
Listen to your guide regale stories from the city’s long and rich history, about how it was an autonomous republic buttressing both the Ottoman and the Venetian Empires. Your tour then finishes near the port.
*Entrance fee to City Walls not included in price.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- MANDATORY City walls entrance fee is ***NOT*** included in the price of the tour. You can buy tickets on spot, upon entering the walls (in 2022 price is 250 kn per person, around 35 Eur per person), or use Dubrovnik Card.
- A minimum of 4 people per tour is required for winter/spring season (Nov-Mar). Reservation is required for this period.
- All children aged 0-5 are welcome to join this tour for free. They are eligible for a free walls entrance as well
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- City Walls entrance fee of 100 kn per child (cca 13 Eur, in 2022) applies to children over 5 years (not included in the tour price).
- Stairs on this tour!!!
- Due to the stairs, this tour is not suitable for everyone!
- No restroom stops
- This tour is in English
- Not recommended for travelers that don't like walking the stairs
- If you are booking during the summer months, please do expect hot weather. We have a Mediterranean climate, if you cannot stand the heath, please don't book this tour, as we can only find a limited number of stops in shade (the walls are made that way)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Dubrovnik Walks
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews