- 2-hour Dubrovnik medieval city walls walking tour, with a guide
- Walk the length of the famous stone walls that surround Dubrovnik Old Town
- Enjoy panoramic views of Dubrovnik’s rooftops and the Adriatic Sea
- Learn how and why the walls were built and extended from the 12th century on
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the Pile city gate beneath the glass monument at the bus station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Hear the story of the UNESCO-listed walls, learning how they were begun in the 12th century and continually extended until the 17th century. Then, set off on along the full 1.25-mile (2-kilometer) length, seeing the forts, bastions and towers incorporated into the fortifications.
Stop at the Minceta Tower on the landside, eastern section. Admire this circular tower and hear how it was built in the 15th century to defend against attack from Ottoman forces. Enjoy the panoramic views from here down over the Old Town’s rooftops, and see the site of the city’s original Slavic settlement.
Walk on to the Revelin Fortress, an imposing15th-century fort built to protect the city’s Ploce Gate from the Ottomans. Then, continue past the pretty, boat-filled harbor to the St. John Fortress, and enjoy the views over the boats on the Adriatic from the seaward, southwestern walls.
Finally, stop at Fort Bokar and take in views of Lovrijenac, the separate rocktop fortress that guards the city from the north. Your tour then finishes at the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Divine Dalmatia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.