- Tuscany day trip from Florence including wine tastings and lunch
- Visit the glorious Tuscan villages of Greve, Castellina, Montalcino and Montepulciano
- Admire the scenery of the picturesque Chianti, Crete Senesi and UNESCO-listed Val d’Orcia regions
- Sample Chianti wine with local produce such as lavender honey at a Castellina winery
- Stop at a Val d’Orcia farmhouse for lunch and a wine tasting with varietals such as Brunello di Montalcino
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention from your driver-guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up service is offered to centrally located hotels in Florence. If your hotel is not centrally located, you can meet your host in Piazza della Repubblica, in front of Caffe' Gilli. We need to be informed on Customer Hotel Name when booking, to confirm the exact meeting time.
What To Expect
Arrive in the wine region of Chianti, visiting Greve first, a quaint town folded into the hills. Wander the main square, home to the annual Chianti Classico wine festival, and peruse the shops filled with local produce and wares.
Head next to the small hamlet of Castellina, set on top of a hill. Follow your guide to a wine cellar to learn about the production process and the area’s rich history of winemaking.
Next, journey to a popular vineyard among the locals for a wine tasting, complemented by traditional Tuscan snacks. Your tastings vary seasonally, but usually include three delicious wines and the sweet vin santo (dessert wine) alongside lavender honey, olive oil with fresh Tuscan bread and cookies.
After refueling, head back on the road toward the village of Montalcino. Here, in the Crete Senesi region of Tuscany, you’ll see the hills of Val d’Orcia in the background, and stop for lunch and a second wine tasting at a rustic farmhouse. Treat your taste buds to a glass of Super Tuscan, Rosso di Montalcino and Brunello di Montalcino. Then feast on a lunch of bruschetta, assorted meats, cheese, fruit, fresh pie and other specialty plates.
Afterward, take a glimpse of the farmhouse’s cellars and enjoy some free time to stroll the area. Continue to Montalcino to browse the village’s artisan products and take in the views over Val d’Orcia. Enjoy a final walk around Montepulciano at your own pace before returning to Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The English speaking driver leads the Tour providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside a city centre, nor to provide historical and artistic information inside museums or churches
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY CAF Tour and Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Chianti Classico, Montalcino, Montepulciano by minivan: Wine Tastings & Lunch.