Explore our promoted experiences
- Round-trip day ferry service to Catalina Island from Long Beach or San Pedro
- Enjoy a relaxing 1-hour cruise on the Pacific Ocean to arrive in the quaint town of Avalon
- This is a leisurely, fun and scenic way to experience Catalina Island!
- Your ticket is NOT confirmed until you call to book your actual departure and return time.
Departure & Return
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 07:30 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 07:30 PM|
What To Expect
When you get off the ferry, walk just five minutes into downtown Avalon to begin your independent exploration of the island. This is not a guided tour—your time on Catalina is your own to do whatever you wish. Admire views of the waterfront along Avalon Bay, perhaps visit a restaurant or café, go shopping or do something more active (all at your own expense). The number of vehicles on the island is limited, so enjoy the pedestrian-friendly streets of town.
Return to your original departure point on the ferry when you’re finished on the island.
If you have time before or after your ferry departure or arrival at Catalina Landing, perhaps check out some of Long Beach’s attractions, such as the Aquarium of the Pacific. You can grab food and drinks at the Catalina Bistro or Catalina Deli if you need something before or after your ferry ride. The ferry service runs daily (schedule varies by season) and can accommodate surfboards, strollers and bikes.
Part of Los Angeles Port, San Pedro is home to landmarks like the Los Angeles Maritime Museum, as well as the USS Iowa and SS Lane Victory ships. You’ll embark and disembark the ferry at the Catalina Sea and Air Terminal, which opened in 2012. Ferry schedule varies by season; the ferries can accommodate surfboards, strollers and bikes.
Once your Viator ticket purchase is complete, your reservation is not yet confirmed until you call to book your actual departure and return time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- REMINDER: Once your ticket purchase is complete, your reservation is NOT YET CONFIRMED until you call to book your actual boat departure and return time.
- Two (2) bags per person is allowed with a maximum of 50lbs (28kgs) per bag. Bags may not be larger than 37" x 23" x 23" (94cm x 58cm x 58cm)
- One (1) piece of carry-on luggage is allowed per person and must fit beneath your seat
- Restrooms are available on-board the ferry
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Maximum of fourteen (14) passengers per booking
- The safety and security of our passengers and employees are top priorities for Catalina Express. CDC Guidelines require the use of face masks for public transportation. Face masks must be worn while in any of our terminals, in line for boarding, and on the vessels regardless of vaccination status.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 149 travelers
- OPERATED BY Catalina Express
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Ticket Redemption
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized