- Street food walking tour around Naples
- Admire beautiful buildings including the Galleria Umberto I, the Royal Palace of Naples and Teatro di San Carlo
- Learn about Neapolitan street food traditions and about popular street snacks
- Rub shoulders with locals at a traditional food market
- Sample typical Neapolitan food and drink including sfogliatella and espresso
- Enjoy an intimate experience on this small-group tour, with numbers limited to 14
Departure & Return
Outside the main entrance of "Maschio Angioino" Castle, also known as "Castel Nuovo". Maps and indications may use one or the other or both names.
Alternatively according with the itinerary that may change on the day of excursion, it my ends in "Piazza del Gesù Nuovo", 300mts away from Piazza Dante. To get back to the starting point, from Piazza Dante take metro line n. 1 direction towards "Garibaldi" for two stops to "Municipio".
What To Expect
Spot local historical sites along the way, such as the longest running opera house in Europe, Teatro di San Carlo, and many churches. Pop into a cafe for a strong shot of espresso, which will hopefully build an appetite for the food you’re about to eat. As you make your way to the next food destination, pass through Piazza del Plebiscito, a square lined with historic eye-pleasing structures such as Naples Royal Palace. Inside the 19th-century Galleria Umberto I, indulge in a warm and sweet layered pastry known as sfogliatella.
Then walk on to the food market. Meet some local food purveyors and get an introduction to classic Neapolitan street food, as fishmongers and green grocers go about their daily business. Here you can try various street snacks, which will change based on the season but could include 'o pére e ‘o musso (cold meat with salt and lemon) or a pizzette (small pizza).
Later, walk down Spaccanapoli, a narrow lane in the center of the city’s Old Town, until you reach Piazza Dante. Before your guide says arrivederci, get some tips on where to get the best pizza in town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please make a note of any specific dietary requests in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Authentic Journeys
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.