- Private tour of Pompeii with round-trip private transport from Naples
- Explore the fascinating archaeological remnants of Pompeii with a private guide
- Learn about the devastating Mt Vesuvius eruption in the 1st century that wiped out the entire city
- Visit the House of Vetti, the thermal baths, the Lupanare brothel and more
- Transport-only option available for those who prefer to explore Pompeii independently
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
After your driver picks you up from your hotel in Naples, the railway station in Naples, or the Naples cruise terminal, enjoy the ride to Pompeii, roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) away.
Meet your guide at the entrance and prepare to be dazzled by this UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the city walls and the Porta Marina gate that was once the entryway to the harbor of Pompeii. Explore the ancient theater where performances were regularly given. Gawk at what once was a Roman version of a ‘fast food’ restaurant, where vast vases still stand that were used for storing food. Stop at the Forum and learn about the political system in Pompeii and what the Forum was used for. Walk down the basalt-laden streets and squares of the city.
See the blocks that provided stepping-stones across the often-flooded and sewage-filled streets; and view must-sees such as the Temple of Apollo, the Macellum market, and the public weighing scales.
And, intriguingly, see the casts of victims who were immediately frozen by the volcanic eruption. Stop by the thermal baths, a popular pastime in ancient Roman times. And even visit an old brothel, also a much-enjoyed proclivity among Roman men.
Transport-Only Option: If you prefer to explore the Pompeii ruins independently, the transport-only option offers private round-trip transportation from Naples and lets you spend time in Pompeii on your own. Your driver will wait for you while you wander around Pompeii for a couple of hours and then take you back to Naples. There is also an audio guide available (additional cost).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Price is shown per person, based on 11 adults per vehicle
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Project Napoli Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms