- Walking tour of Pompeii excavations
- Explore the ruins of the ancient Roman city with an expert guide
- Learn about the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius that buried Pompeii and the surrounding area
- Visit the main attractions of the city, including the forum, theater, and brothel
Departure & Return
The guide will wait for you at the entrance of the Coffee shop Vittoria, close to Porta Marina Inferiore entrance. Be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the starting time, in case of any delay the guide WILL NOT wait since it is a group tour and the entrance tickets are booked for that time.
What To Expect
Learn about the volcanic eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79 that buried Pompeii and preserved it. Walk on ancient Roman cobblestones, looking out for the ruts left by wagon wheels.
Visit the theater, where once there were lively performances of tragedy and comedy. See Pompeii's thermal bathhouse, where residents would go regularly to bathe, exercise, and gossip. Peek into the remains of local businesses, such as restaurants, bars, and shops selling food and clothing.
Walk through the forum, the heart of any ancient Roman city, to see the ruins of both temples and civic buildings. This is where priests and politicians spent their time, and where government and religion came together. Look at the barracks where Roman gladiators once trained and lived. Don't miss the rebuilt brothel, one of Pompeii's most popular attractions.
Pack a hat for summer sun, and wear comfortable shoes. You actually walk on lava rock.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes, because you will be walking on the original ancient streets
- At the time of reservation please specify your mobile number inclusive of the country code in case of any emergency
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- If you are late or miss the tour there wil be no refunds
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff