- See the Vatican Museums with a private guide before they open to the public
- Gain skip-the-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and see works by Raphael, Da Vinci, and Michelangelo
- Upgrade for even earlier fast-track entry including admission to the Raphael Rooms
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Centrally located hotels in Rome (within Aurelian Walls)
PRIME Version at 7:20AM (not available till 2022)
SUMMER 2021 - Version at 7:00AM
What To Expect
If you wish, upgrade from standard early-morning admission to a “prime tour” option and be treated like a VIP. Arrive earlier to enjoy priority entry without any lines or crowds, and gain access to the Raphael Rooms to admire Raphael's most famous frescoes.
With either tour option, hear about the legends and mysteries behind some of the pieces on display, and learn about the Renaissance masters who created the artwork. You can decide if you want to see the iconic Sistine Chapel first or last—either way, it’s the highlight of any visit with its famous frescoes by Michelangelo. Other treasures inside the museum complex include sculptures, carvings and paintings; your guide makes sure you see the most important masterpieces and interesting rooms and galleries.
Visit the Belvedere Courtyard, Gallery of Tapestries, and Gallery of Maps, and then gain fast-track entry into St. Peter’s Basilica to see more artwork, like Bernini’s baldacchino altar. Your tour ends here or back at your accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A moderate amount of walking is involved - comfortable shoes are recommended
- Wheelchair partly accessible: the tour is only available if the person in the wheelchair can do 6 flights of stairs without the wheelchair.
- Please advise if anyone in your group has mobility issues
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Eyes of Rome
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Definitely worth the early bird timing as the Vatican can get packed as the day goes on." See review
- "It makes so much sense to get to The Vatican early even if it opens at 8am because the crowd build up is unbelievable, We were first in line at 715am." See review
- "Note: the ~4 hour tour time includes travel to and from the Vatican plus waiting time for early entry (a great advantage since the crowds grow quickly when general admission opens)." See review