7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Have only one day to discover the best of Rome? On this private, full-day tour, you’ll see the city’s major highlights without any of the hassle. First, discover the wonders of ancient Rome: meet your guide in the morning at the Colosseum before continuing to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. Next, admire the Piazza Navona, see the Trevi Fountain, and stop by the Pantheon. Finally, one-way transfer will whisk you to the Vatican, where you’ll have time to explore the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, and beyond.
- See the highlights of Rome and the Vatican in a single day
- A private tour gives you a personalized, intimate way to see the city
- Skip-the-line entry at all the sights will save you time
- One-way transfer to the Vatican makes logistics simple
Saved to wishlist!
One Transfer included from Rome Center to Vatican City
Headsets for groups of 6 or more
Languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese
Food and drink
Hotel pick-up and return
Departure & Return
Via Labicana, 125, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also give your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund.
- Please note that sprays of all kinds are not allowed inside the Colosseum.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY RomaExperience Tours
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Rome in One Day: with Colosseum, Piazzas and Vatican City?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Rome in One Day: with Colosseum, Piazzas and Vatican City?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Rome in One Day: with Colosseum, Piazzas and Vatican City?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rome in One Day: with Colosseum, Piazzas and Vatican City?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursArt ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeBus Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoArt Tours - Lake BraccianoBus Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaArt Tours - Lake BolsenaBus Tours - AssisiArchaeology Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiArt Tours - AssisiCategory
Garbatella District (Quartiere Garbatella)Ara Pacis Museum (Museo dell'Ara Pacis)Piazza della RotondaSt. Peter's Baldachin (Baldacchino di San Pietro)Trinità dei MontiTrajan's Market (Mercati di Traiano)Vittoriano Museum Complex (Complesso del Museo Vittoriano)Church of Santa Maria della Pace (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace)Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere (Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere)Via SacraBasilica of Santa Maria del Popolo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo)Castel GandolfoPiazza NavonaFarnese Palace (Palazzo Farnese)Basilica di Santa Maria Sopra MinervaEtruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Necropoli Etrusche di Cerveteri e Tarquinia) Circus Maximus (Circo Massimo)Piazza di San CosimatoRome Olympic Stadium (Stadio Olimpico)Piazza della Bocca della Verità