- Enjoy privileged access to the Vatican Museums via a dedicated Vatican Partner entrance
- Marvel at the only Da Vinci piece left in Rome at the serene Vatican Paintings Gallery
- Enter St. Peter's Basilica through an exclusive entrance, avoiding long lines
- An audio headset is included, so you can hear your guide clearly the whole time
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Once inside, there are more than nine miles of art, so follow along with the guide who points out the highlights and explains the story behind each work of art. A headset is included to hear the guide clearly.
Stop at the Vatican Paintings Gallery, featuring some of the most influential paintings in the world like Caravaggio’s 'Deposition from the Cross,' Da Vinci’s unfinished 'St. Jerome' and Raphael’s 'Transfiguration.'
Next, a Vatican Guard escorts you to one of the biggest thrills of the tour, a visit to the Bramante Staircase. Once used by the popes and Vatican staff, but it is now rarely visited. Take the opportunity to get a photo of this beautiful spiral staircase.
Then, visit Raphael’s Rooms, four interconnected rooms with frescoes painted by Renaissance artist Raphael; the six-sectioned Gallery of Candelabra, with Roman copies of Hellenistic originals and some great second century candelabra, from Otricoli; the Gallery of Tapestries, featuring the drawings from many of Raphael’s pupils; and Gallery of Maps, on the west side of the Belvedere Courtyard featuring a series of painted topographical maps of Italy.
Go to the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s 'Creation of Adam' and the 'Last Judgement' and St. Peter’s Basilica to see 'La Pietà,' one of Michelangelo’s earlier sculptures depicting the body of Jesus on the lap of his mother Mary after the Crucifixion.
The tour ends just outside St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours departing Wednesday: St Peter's Basilica will be unavailable due to the Papal Audience. As an alternative, you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you'll spend a full 4.5 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Only small bags are allowed on the tour
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Vatican Museums Tour with Bramante Staircase, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's.
- "This is an AMAZING Tour and even though we were crowded with others at times (Not even the busy season), It was well worth getting in easily and having the ability to see locations that not everyone does." See review
- "It’s not a place we go often so just invest for it." See review
- "Bramante stairs were a treat, nice that it was empty of other groups." See review