- Visit the Vatican Museums before it opens to the general public
- Enter through a groups-only doorway to skip the long lines
- Get context to the Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms, and masterpieces by the likes of Michelangelo
- This tour is limited to 12 participants ensuring you can always see and hear the guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
At the bottom of the steps across the street from the Entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located right next to Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The closest Metro stop is Line A (Ottaviano – Musei Vaticani). Arriving from Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani Metro A Station: Exit the turnstiles – walk straight to the back end of the station and go to the left side exit. Once you’ve reached the left side exit – exit at V.le Giulio Cesare (to your right). Exit Station and walk down V.le G. Cesare to street light, cross the street and take left on Via Leone IV. Take right on Via Sebastiano Veniero and go 1 ½ blocks.
What To Expect
Once inside, there are more than 2,000 rooms and nine miles of art, so follow along with your guide who points out the highlights and explains the story behind each piece. The small-group nature of your tour allows you to remain close to your guide at all times, but a headset is included to make sure you can always hear the commentary clearly.
Stroll through rooms like the Gallery of Maps, with its golden, vaulted ceiling; the Raphael Rooms, painted by Renaissance artist Raphael; and the stunning Sistine Chapel, considered to be the Pope’s home chapel, with Michelangelo’s 'Creation of Adam' and
'The Last Judgement.' On your early-access tour, you find the galleries to be considerably quieter than they would be later in the day.
Finish with a visit to St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church ever built and one of the holiest and most important sites in Christendom. Get an overview of its long history from your guide, and get an up-close look at 'La Pietà,' one of Michelangelo’s earlier sculptures that depicts the body of Jesus on the lap of his mother Mary after the Crucifixion.
Your tour ends inside the basilica. After you’ve finished exploring with your group, you can stay as long as you want on your own. It’s the perfect time to head down into the crypts or climb up to the top of St. Peter’s dome (own expense) for uninterrupted views of Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring your own mask on the tour. The wearing of mask is compulsory in order to comply with health & Safety regulations. Our guide will be wearing mask during the tour as well.
- At the meeting point there will be social distancing taking place. Our guide will organize the group upon your arrival, but we kindly ask yourself to be conscience in taking social distance at all the time from others.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that access to St. Peter's Basilica is not included until October due to new regulations in the venue.
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women to enter to the venues
- Only small bags are allowed in the venue
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Early Access Vatican Museums Semi-Private Tour with Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s.