3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Colosseum is one of Rome's most-famous attractions and so attracts very long lines to visit. This private guided tour lets you skip that line and provides a comprehensive tour of the Eternal City's other most-significant ancient sites, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. Your guide shares insights into ancient Rome and can adjust the pace to your preference.
- Skip the line to the Colosseum with pre-purchased entrance tickets
- Private tour exclusively for your party: Skip the crowded group tours
- Flexibility to adjust the pace of the tour to your preferences
- Get insights into life in ancient Rome from your history- and archaeology-expert guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
A private guide with skip-the-line entry makes navigating the Forum and very crowded Colosseum much easier.
Saved to wishlist!
Headsets for groups of 6 or more
Skip-The-Line Entry Fees
Languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese
Hotel pick-up and return
Food and drink
Departure & Return
Via Labicana, 125, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
In Front of Hotel Palazzo Manfredi
Incontragiovani Fori, Largo Corrado Ricci, 1, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also give your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites and not wheelchair friendly. We encourage those with mobility problems to book a private tour, in order to allow the guide to adapt the pace to their specific needs. This tour lasts 3 hours and a fair amount of walking is involved, including some stairs and uphill paths.
- Water fountains available on site
- Strollers are allowed but not recommended, as stairs are steep and the ground is uneven; children must be carried by an adult or be able to walk for most of the tour
- Wear comfortable shoes; bring hat and sunscreen
- There is no scheduled break, but it will be possible to stop for restrooms along the path, as needed
- Food is allowed in the archeological area
- For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened; all objects (including mobile phones) must be put in the bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening
- Large backpacks, camping bags, bulky bags, and luggage/trolleys are not allowed; medium and small backpacks can be shouldered and must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit or offer a partial refund.
- Please note that sprays of all sorts are not allowed inside the Colosseum.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY RomaExperience Tours
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Skip-the-line: Colosseum Private Tour
1 hour 20 minutes
2 hours 10 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Ancient Ostia (Ostia Antica)Hydromania Ciampino International Airport (CIA)Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere (Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere)House of Livia (Casa di Livia)Porta MaggiorePonza Island Fontana dell'Acqua PaolaAqueduct Park (Parco degli Acquedotti)Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone (Chiesa di Sant'Agnese in Agone)Piazza VeneziaCircus Maximus (Circo Massimo)Vittoriano Museum Complex (Complesso del Museo Vittoriano)Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO)Turtle Fountain (Fontana delle Tartarughe)Sant'Angelo Bridge (Ponte Sant'Angelo)Castel Sant'Angelo National Museum (Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo)Holy Stairs (Scala Sancta) and Chapel of San LorenzoSan Carlo ai Catinari Church (Chiesa di San Carlo ai Catinari)Pincio Gardens (Pincio)