11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Staying in Rome but want to visit Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast? Remove the hassle with this convenient private day trip that leaves direct from your hotel. With your private driver-guide, you’ll travel south for a skip-the-line tour of the UNESCO-listed archaeological site at Pompeii. Continue to the coast to explore Sorrento at your own pace, then soak up the sea views as you travel along the Amalfi Coast to Positano. The day-long trip ends back at your Rome hotel.
- Day trip from Rome to Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast
- Explore Pompeii and learn about the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius
- See Pompeii ruins such as the thermal baths and theater
- Make the most of free time to explore Sorrento and Positano
- Gaze at the views as your guide drives you along the Amalfi Coast
- Enjoy a more personalized experience with a private guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Transport by private vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please provide your hotel or apartment details for the pick up/ drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Comfortable shoes and a hat are recommended in Pompeii
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pompeii, Positano or Sorrento Private Day Trip from Rome?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pompeii, Positano or Sorrento Private Day Trip from Rome?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pompeii, Positano or Sorrento Private Day Trip from Rome?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pompeii, Positano or Sorrento Private Day Trip from Rome?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Seeing the sites with a knowledgeable guide is a must and a small group or private tour are the way to go." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Pompeii, Positano or Sorrento Private Day Trip from Rome
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeBus Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoFull-day Tours - Lake BraccianoBus Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaFull-day Tours - Lake BolsenaBus Tours - AssisiArchaeology Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiFull-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Odescalchi Castle (Castello Odescalchi)Piazza della RotondaCinecittà WorldBasilica of St. Mary of the Angels and Martyrs (Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri) Castel GandolfoQuartiere CoppedèPiazza di Santa Maria in TrastevereBasilica di Santa Francesca RomanaChurch of the Gesù (Chiesa del Gesù)Paciotti SalumeriaDomus Romane of Palazzo Valentini (Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini)House of Livia (Casa di Livia)Vatican Grottoes (Grotte Vaticane)Sant'Angelo Bridge (Ponte Sant'Angelo)San Carlo ai Catinari Church (Chiesa di San Carlo ai Catinari)Capitoline Hill and Museums (Campidoglio e Musei Capitolini)Villa FarnesinaTriton Fountain (Fontana del Tritone)Via GiuliaForo Italico