Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour of ancient Rome's highlights
- Great choice for travelers who want to see Rome in a day
- Skip-the-line access to Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica, and the Vatican Museums included
- See Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, and sample handmade gelato
- Small group of 15 people or fewer
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the entrance of Colle Oppio Park on the corner of Via di Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi. The entrance is opposite Oppio caffè.
At St. Peter's Basilica.
What To Expect
Head over to the Roman Forum, where you climb up a nearby overlook to get a peek inside instead of slogging through the crowds awaiting entrance. From your vantage point, you can see the Temple of the Vestal Virgins and the Senate House, and your guide helps you imagine how the forum functioned as the center of Rome's society two millennia ago.
Step inside the Pantheon, the largest unreinforced concrete dome in the world, and hear how it was built. Then head for the Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona, streets made famous in the film 'Roman Holiday,' with a gelato in hand.
Take a break for lunch on your own, then meet your guide again. Enjoy skipping the lines again and head inside for a curated tour of the Vatican's highlights, during which you see the Laocoön Group, the sculpture galleries, and the Raphael Rooms. End up in the Sistine Chapel, gazing upwards at Michelangelo's famous frescoes.
From there, choose between extending your stay in the chapel and the Vatican Museums, or skip the lines and enter St. Peter’s Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note, this tour is wheelchair accessible with some difficulties. We advise clients to contact Walks Customer Service Team to make further arrangements.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with strollers on this tour.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags and big pointy umbrellas will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel are holy places and thus, the attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Please note that, since the chapel is at the end of the Vatican visit, it is sufficient to bring extra coverings with you and put them on before our entrance to the Vatican.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. More info on the Italian Government website
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms