- Day trip to Tuscany from Piazza della Repubblica in Rome
- Explore the shops of Pienza, a UNESCO-listed hill town
- Visit an organic working farm in the Val d’Orcia region
- Satisfy your appetite with lunch, produced by the farm
- Climb the towers of the castle at Montalcino
- Sip on several prized wines at a Tuscan wine estate
Departure & Return
This tour meets in front of Caffè Vergnano 1882 on Piazzale Flaminio n. 5/6, next door to Intesa San Paolo bank. Piazzale Flaminio is a centrally located square (just outside the arches of Piazza del Popolo), served by the Metro A.
What To Expect
Your next stop is at a family-owned farm in the Val d’Orcia area, which specializes in organic produce. Tour the farm, chat to the cheese maker, then take a seat for lunch. Tuck into a feast of farm-to-fork food, and finish with a tasting of sheep and goat cheese with homemade honey and jam. Local wine is served as you eat and chat with the farm owners — all while soaking up the views.
With your appetite sated, you’ll continue to the hill town of Montalcino. Use a special admission ticket to head up the lookout tower and take photos from the top.
To end your day, travel onward to an acclaimed winery for a tour of the vineyards and its cellars. Sample a selection of the region’s finest wine, and purchase a bottle to take home, if you like.
Relax on the journey back to Rome, and finish with a drop-off at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- Dress code is smart casual
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms