- Visit Val d'Orcia in Tuscany on a day trip from Rome
- Relax with a locally produced 3-course lunch on a Tuscan farm
- Sample regional wines, including the famous Brunello di Montepulciano
- Spend time at leisure in Pienza, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet at the center of Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk. The nearest metro stop is Flaminio (Line A).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After a break for photos, travel further into Tuscany to explore the area around Montalcino. Step inside Sant’ Antimo Abbey, and then soak up the vistas that stretch beyond the vineyards.
Hear how the local vineyards produce the acclaimed Brunello di Montepulciano wine, and then sample a glass for yourself over a 3-course lunch at a local farm. In traditional Tuscan style, the menu features fresh farm-grown produce as well as a selection of local wine.
From the farm, travel on to Pienza, one of the region’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Here, enjoy free time to explore. The layout of the town was created by Pope Pius II, who wanted to change the look of his birth town. Admire the historic center, which stays true to the pope’s vision, and gaze at the fine architecture that abounds. If you are a fan of food, check the shops for pecorino cheese, arguably Pienza’s most prized product.
Your day trip finishes with your coach journey back from Tuscany to Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered
- Please note that itinerary and venues visited might vary according to season and availability, always offering the same inclusions.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience