- Visit the tallest volcano in Europe—Mount Etna
- See the Silvestri Craters from the 1892 eruption
- Departures available throughout the day
- Pickup and drop-off at Messina's port and square
Departure & Return
FOR THE CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: The guide will meet you inside of the port, on the left side of the ship. She will have a signboard on which will be written the name of our company: DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY and you will also see our logo: A LION HEAD.
FOR THE GUESTS THAT ARE NOT CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: The meeting point at our office DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY, located in Via I Settembre, 110.
The travellers will meet the guide in front of the small three columns temple, located in front of the port of Giardini Naxos.
What To Expect
Stretch your legs at the mountain refuge of Sapienza, at 6,233 feet (1,900 mt.) above sea level, then continue to the Silvestri Craters, a pair of inactive craters hollowed out by Etna’s 1892 eruption. Watch for serious hikers at the craters, as this is on the path for anyone wishing to summit the 10,991-foot (3,350-meter) volcano.
From Mount Etna, continue to the beautiful mountain village of Taormina, which is on UNESCO’s tentative list of World Heritage Sites. Here, you have time to walk the ancient Roman street through the heart of the town, stop by the Greco-Roman theater, and see churches and monuments (as well as visit a few amazing spots for Sicilian sweets and gelato).
This full-day trip concludes with the return trip to Messina, and drop-off at the port or main square.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum number of 4 people per tour apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund’
- A maximum of 50 people per booking
- Infant meals not included
- Cellular number required
- departure times are set according to arrival of the cruise ships
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff