- Horseback riding tour through Tuscan hills and villages
- Ride a horse that is suited to your ability and confidence
- Follow your guide along horseback-riding trails used by ancient peoples
- Ride through open countryside, woods and pretty Tuscan villages
- Round-trip transport from Siena to the Tuscan countryside by air-conditioned minibus
Departure & Return
Meet our staff in front of Bar La Lizza - Piazza Gramsci
What To Expect
Start out riding at a leisurely pace, following your guide, as you trot long secluded road and then into verdant forests. Follow trails that zigzag through the countryside and go through ancient rustic villages. Marvel at the countryside, which includes a patchwork of quilt-style landscapes, as well as villa-crowned hills and ancient villages made up of terracotta-roofed houses. Some of these trails are used as part of the Via Francigena, a centuries-old pilgrimage route that stretches from Canterbury in England all the way to Rome.
While the riding tour is more for novice or intermediate riders, more advanced riders are given the chance to trot or canter through stretches of the countryside. Head back to the stables. Help groom and unsaddle your horse and then get in the minivan for the short drive back to your hotel in central Siena.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 14 years old
- This tour is aimed at novice- and intermediate-level riders who are capable of mounting and dismounting unassisted, and who can apply basic commands with the reins to walk and halt
- Suitable clothing required: long-sleeved top, leggings or jodhpurs, and closed-toe shoes with non-slip soles
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY myTour in Italy
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff