Explore our promoted experiences
- Independent full-day shore excursion to Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast from Naples
- Ogle incredible views as you drive along the UNESCO-listed Amalfi Coast
- Enjoy free time in Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Ravello
- Explore, shop, have lunch or relax as you wish in each town
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
pick up will be outside the dock of your cruise ship, driver will show a sign with lead traveler name
- Naples port
What To Expect
Head south to the town of Sorrento, with sweeping views of the Bay of Naples. Enjoy an hour of free time to wander the cafe-lined square of Piazza Tasso, check out the 15th-century cathedral or peruse the local shops.
Afterward, reunite with your driver and begin the ride along the Amalfi Coast, a 40-mile (64-km) shoreline dotted with pastel-colored villages and dramatic cliffs. Travel toward the town of Positano, with views of the Mediterranean and the region’s lemon groves lining the road.
Then, soak up an hour in Positano at your own pace. Visit the Church of St Maria Assunta, enjoy a coffee at a local café or browse the chic selection of shops.
Continue to the town of Amalfi and take another hour to explore at your leisure. Try some southern Italian fare for lunch (own expense) or admire the marble, 9th-century cathedral.
Your final stop takes you higher into the cliffs, to the town of Ravello. Consider using your free hour here to see the 13th-century Villa Rufolo (own expense), with gardens showcasing spectacular views of the coast.
After a full day of independent exploration, your trip will conclude back at the Naples cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please respect the time scale of the tour, and ensure you meet with your guide promptly after each stop
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Project Napoli Service
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms