6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Explore the unique landscape of an enormous volcano at with this 6-hour small-group sunset walking tour of Mt Etna from Taormina. Hike through the forest to see extinct craters and other evidence of past eruptions. Visit one of the most dramatic of the mountain's lava caves. Enjoy a light meal with wine made on Mt Etna and watch the sun go down.
- 6-hour small-group sunset hiking tour of Mt Etna
- Walk through the woods to find extinct craters
- Admire the unique volcanic landscape, including a visit to a lava cave
- Dine on a light Sicilian meal with wine produced from Etna grapes
- Watch the sunset from a panoramic viewpoint
Saved to wishlist!
Expert Naturalistic Guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off if needed
Helmet and flashlight
Use of hiking boots
Snacks and beverages
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please provide your accommodation address/hotel in the Taormina - Giardini Naxos area: we will contact you to confirm the pickup outside/nearby the hotel or at a convenient meeting point (for Castelmola, Trappitello and Letojanni we have fixed meeting points).
- Giardini Naxos
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats are available on request if specified in the booking request
- The excursion is subjected to weather conditions. If canceled due to bad weather, you will be given the option of rescheduling the activity or getting a full refund
- The tour can operated by a multi-lingual guide (French and Spanish, if specified in the booking request)
- Please note that tours in other languages (French and Spanish) can only be arranged if the request is received with adequate notice.
- Please let us know your shoe sizes if you require hiking boots
- The trip is not recommended for participants suffering form heart diseases or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are available, please specify any dietary requirements in the booking request
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Customers will be contacted the day before the tour to confirm the pickup details (hotel if possibile, or in a meeting point nearby).
- We do not recommend participation for pregnant women after the 4th month.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Etna People s.n.c.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mount Etna Tour at Sunset - Small Groups from Taormina ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Mount Etna Tour at Sunset - Small Groups from Taormina ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mount Etna Tour at Sunset - Small Groups from Taormina ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Mount Etna Tour at Sunset - Small Groups from Taormina
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsNature and WildlifeWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTaorminaShore Excursions - SicilyNature and Wildlife - SicilyWalking Tours - SicilyPorts of Call Tours - SicilyHalf-day Tours - SicilyShore Excursions - CataniaNature and Wildlife - CataniaWalking Tours - CataniaPorts of Call Tours - CataniaHalf-day Tours - CataniaShore Excursions - MessinaNature and Wildlife - MessinaWalking Tours - MessinaPorts of Call Tours - MessinaHalf-day Tours - MessinaCategory
Piazza IX Aprile Tours & TicketsTaormina Greek Theatre (Teatro Greco) Tours & TicketsMazzarò Beach (Lido Mazzarò) Tours & TicketsIsola Bella Tours & TicketsVilla Romana del Casale Tours & TicketsSanta Caterina Church (Chiesa di Santa Caterina) Tours & TicketsTaormina Piazza Duomo Tours & TicketsTaormina Cathedral (Duomo) and Piazza del Duomo Tours & TicketsVilla Comunale Tours & TicketsCorso Umberto I Tours & TicketsCorvaja Palace (Palazzo Corvaja) Tours & TicketsCastelmola Tours & Tickets