1 hour 15 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Verona is best known as the setting for Shakespeare’s play, Romeo and Juliet, but it also has a complex history on par with any Italian city. This tour offers a unique way to learn about the darker sides of Verona’s past while taking a guided walk through its historic center. The goal is to make visitors step back in time and learn about the notorious murders, torture stories, family tombs, and beheaded skeletons of one of the world’s most romantic towns.
- Visit some of the city’s darker historical sites including the Scala family tombs and a courtyard-cemetery
- Explore with a guide: get a sense of local history and legend missing from other walking tours
- Walk through romantic Verona at night, and don’t get lost following your guide
- Choose between several departure times to fit into your vacation schedule
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Girolami Maria Pia
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Ghost & Vampire ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingVeronaGhost & Vampire Tours - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoHistorical Tours - VenetoGhost & Vampire Tours - VicenzaWalking Tours - VicenzaHistorical Tours - VicenzaGhost & Vampire Tours - PaduaWalking Tours - PaduaHistorical Tours - PaduaCategory
Ponte PietraPiazza dei Signori (Piazza Dante)Piazza delle ErbeVerona Historic Center (Verona Centro Storico) Movieland ParkCastelvecchio Bridge (Ponte Scaligero)Scaliger Tombs (Arche Scaligere)Nicolis MuseumSoaveBasilica di Sant’AnastasiaVerona Duomo (Cattedrale di Santa Maria Matricolare)Castelvecchio Museum (Museo di Castelvecchio)Achille Forti Modern Art Gallery (Galleria d'Arte Moderna Achille Forti)Verona ArenaPorta BorsariPorta PalioRoman Theater and Archaeological MuseumGran Guardia Palace (Palazzo della Gran Guardia)